Recently, we read about a common health problem in dogs – heart disease – and some ways to help prevent it. In a recent article on MercolaHealthyPets.com¹, veterinarian Dr. Karen Becker discusses how heart disease in pets is more common that we might think, and that it can be present in seemingly healthy dogs. One of Dr. Becker’s suggestions for protecting your dog’s heart health is to “feed a high quality, species-appropriate diet, which meets your pet’s nutritional requirements for optimal protein (and amino acid) levels, healthy fat and coenzyme Q10.” Here’s how a diet of Nature’s Logic could help protect your dog from heart disease.
Species-Appropriate Pet Food
Our goal is to create a diet as close to what your canine carnivore would eat in the wild, one that is rich in protein from chicken, beef, duck, lamb, fish, venison, and rabbit. We use only high-quality proteins and fats obtained predominantly from animal sources. Our foods range in dry-matter protein content from 31.5% to 51.69%, depending upon the specific product.
Nature’s Logic foods also contain animal plasma, an ingredient that provides over 18 amino acids, as well as numerous vitamins and minerals. This is one of the reasons our formulas exceed the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Nutrient Profiles for all essential amino acids. Further, animal plasma is a highly palatable food (just spray-dried blood with red cells removed) that is composed of high levels of important albumin and globulin proteins. No life exists without blood, and the nutrients it provides as part of the diet of carnivorous animals is essential.
Further, a diet of Nature’s Logic is rich in coenzyme Q10. Coenzyme Q10 is found in organ meats as well as some fruits, vegetables, and nuts such as apple, broccoli, spinach, parsley, and almonds. All of these ingredients are present in our formulas.
High-Quality Pet Food
Nature’s Logic is committed to providing the highest quality and safest nutrition for dogs and cats. When formulating our kibble, canned, and raw frozen diets, every ingredient is carefully selected. Our foods are not developed to capitalize upon the latest market trend, or to grab more shelf space with as many variations as possible, or to increase profit margins. Instead, we try to closely match the nutritional make-up of the prey cats and dogs would naturally eat in the wild.
Here’s how we don’t skimp on quality:
- No Synthetic Ingredients – all nutrients come from whole foods and 100% natural ingredients.
- High Protein / Low Carbohydrate – quality protein is more expensive than carbohydrates but it’s what pets need.
- High-Quality Animal Protein – the meats and poultry we use come straight from the human processing plants.
- Carnivore-appropriate Starch – we use millet, which contains less sugar than other starches used in pet foods and is GMO-free and gluten-free.
- Complete and Balanced for All Life Stages – our formulas exceed the AAFCO nutrient profiles and are nutritionally complete for your pet in all his life stages.
- Nature’s Logic is a very “high-quality, species-appropriate diet,” whic animal professionals recommend. We believe our foods are the ideal diet for your pet’s heart and overall health. For more information about Nature’s Logic, please visit www.natureslogic.com.